What is required to apply for the QCF program?
- The online application can be found by accessing: http://www.grad.gatech.edu/apply-now
- Statement of Purpose and short-answer questions (Statement of purpose doesn't need to be more than a page and no more than two paragraphs for the in-app short answer questions)
- Unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application (official copies may be required if admitted)
- GRE or GMAT* score (waived for candidates with a 4-year undergraduate degree in the US with a GPA >=3.7 or with a Ph.D. degree)
- Three letters of recommendation (minimum of 2 out of the 3 to have application forwarded to us from Grad Education)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency Test score (TOEFL or IELTS accepted only) if applicable
What is the application fee?
- Domestic applicants: $95
- International applicants: $105
What are the application deadlines for the 2023-2024 academic year?
- Sept. 1st
- Oct. 1st
- Oct, 15th - Early Round
- Dec 5th - Standard deadline (earlier deadline than the previous cycles)
- March 15th - Final deadline for international students outside the US
- May 1st - Final deadline for US Citizens, Permanent Residents of the US, and International students currently in the US
Is there a difference based on the home unit through which you apply?
How can I check the status of my application?
Do you accept WES evaluations?
No. We do not accept WES evaluations. If you completed your education outside of the United States, we highly recommend using one of the three Georgia Tech-approved credential evaluation services: IEE(link is external), Educational Perspectives(link is external), or SpanTran Pathways(link is external). If admitted to the program, this will significantly speed up the verification process and allow us to issue the I-20 document much more quickly. Should you choose not to use one of these three approved evaluation services, our Graduate Studies Office will do the evaluation in-house, which may result in a slower institute verification if admitted.
What are the minimum GMAT/GRE/GPA requirements?
What is the institute code for the GRE & TOEFL exams?
What is the institute code for the GMAT exam?
Can I waive the GRE or GMAT?
Do I have to submit official GRE or GMAT scores?
Is work experience required?
Are there any educational prerequisites that must be satisfied before joining the program?
- All applicants for the program must have received a US equivalent (4-year) Bachelor's degree.
- All applicants must also demonstrate through their transcripts that they have a solid quantitative background, including the following: differential and integral calculus of one variable, multivariate calculus, fundamentals of linear algebra and linear systems of equations, differential equations, and probability and statistics. We also prefer that candidates have some programming experience, preferably Python, R, or C++.
Is there an interview?
How long will it be before I get my official decision?
We try our best to have decisions released within 4-6 weeks of the spring deadline and 8-12 weeks of the standard round deadline. Ours is a comprehensive review process, and we sincerely appreciate your patience as we work through the review process.